One can acquire Denmark citizenship by investment citizenship and a second passport monetary to a foreign country.
Many benefits of danish citizenship include investing in real estate or government bonds, setting up a business, contributing to development funds, etc.
The Denmark citizenship requirements and the required minimum investment amount vary greatly depending on the program's setting and nature. Through citizenship by investment programs, immigrants can become citizens more quickly than through traditional immigration procedures.
Denmark Citizenship Process
All children born on or after July 1, 2014, to a Danish mother or Danish father are automatically considered Danish citizens. Citizenship laws in effect at the time of a child's birth will apply to that child. For example, the law provides as follows for children born between February 1 and June 30, 2014:
- Any child born to Danish parents is considered a natural-born citizen of Denmark.
- If the parents aren't married and only the father is Danish, the child won't be entitled to Danish citizenship unless born in Denmark.
- If a child of a Danish father and a non-Danish mother does not acquire Danish citizenship at birth, that child may be eligible for citizenship if their parents marry before the child turns eighteen.
- An undocumented child found in Denmark is automatically granted Danish citizenship.
Becoming a Naturalized Danish Citizen
One must fulfill a few stipulations before applying for Danish citizenship:
- You need a visa or other authorization to remain indefinitely.
- Your nine years of continuous residency in Denmark must begin and end in Denmark.
- There is no requirement that you have a criminal record.
- There is a strict zero-tolerance policy regarding any delinquent debt.
- The ability to support yourself financially is essential.
- You must put in at least 36 months of full-time work within the last four years.
- Fluency in Danish is required.
- There is a Danish citizenship test that you must take and pass.
- Going missing from the constitution ceremony is a surefire way to be disregarded as a serious candidate for the city council.
Citizenship for Children of Danish of Naturalized Persons
You and your parents can become Danish citizens if you and they meet the criteria.
- You are not married.
- If you're under 18 years old, you can't legally purchase alcohol.
- You either were born in Denmark or have permanent residency there (valid residence permit or a valid residence registration certificate).
- You do not have any criminal history or pending charges.
- Whoever will be providing you with a permanent home has custody of you, either solely or jointly.
- In this case, both parents are on board (for shared custody).
It's possible to gain admission as the primary applicant even if you don't meet the secondary applicant requirements due to dependency on a parent.
- The adoption process has resulted in your becoming a Danish citizen.
- It is illegal to have a child born to a foreign mother and a Danish father between 11 October 1993 and 30 June 2014.
- Your failed marriage to your ex-spouse made it impossible for you to become a Danish citizen.
- You are a Danish native who was born a nationality-less citizen.
What do You need to Do to Become a Danish Citizen?
The Danish Ministry of Immigration and Integration provides an online application for Danish citizenship (NemID). To become a citizen, you must first prove that you can communicate effectively in Danish. The online application process requires the following files to be uploaded by the applicant:
- The original passport and a copy must be brought (only the page with the passport photo and information about the applicant)
- A visa that allows you to stay in the country indefinitely.
- A duplicate of your Danish language test result.
- Proof that you passed the citizenship test, either the original document or a certified copy.
- The Entire History of Health Care Procedures (if you want a dispensation from specific requirements).
- If a minor is listed as a secondary applicant, you must show proof of custody to be considered legally responsible for the minor. A written custody arrangement is unnecessary if you and the other parent are married and plan to share custody of the child.
- A DKK 4,000 (approximately €537) application fee is due when filing with the Ministry of Immigration and Integration. To make a payment through an online application, you must use Dankort.
Denmark Investment Citizenship
Denmark does not have a residency exchange program at this time. If you are a businessperson trying to enter the country, you might be turned away. A "Startup visa" is the only way in, and it's reserved exclusively for business owners. Those who meet the requirements are given two-year visas. Before applying for permanent residence, one must wait six years or four years if specific additional requirements are met. Danish citizenship can be used after nine years of continuous residency.
Denmark, a small but beautiful country in Northern Europe, is well-known for its beautiful scenery, which includes volcanic islands and endless beaches, magnificent castles, and the brightly painted homes that line the streets of this Scandinavian nation.